I know the bodysuit trend has been going on for a while now, but I never quite understood it and wrote it off as not being for me. But then I saw the Amy Bodysuit from Reformation and I thought, can I wear a bodysuit?
Whether I can (or should) remains to be seen, but I was determined nonetheless.
I’ve got other items on my summer wishlist, and my budget (lol) doesn’t really allow for an $80 wildcard trend purchase, so I promptly fell into a bodysuit spiral in hopes of finding something similar for approximately a quarter of the price.
The thing that I was trying to recreate from the Reformation bodysuit was the sideboob potential. Low arm holes or essentially backless were some of the qualities I was honing in on. I have a ribcage tattoo that I got specifically so that it would be easy to conceal, but sometimes it’s fun to show it off a little, and this seemed like a way to do it. Of course, the more I got into the bodysuit search, the more I found different styles that I liked.
Other thoughts that were front of mind during this search included:
- Is it the late ‘80s/early ‘90s?
- Can I wear a bra with any of these?
- Do I wear underwear with a bodysuit?
- Where would I ever wear a bodysuit?
- Am I essentially looking for a non-bathing suit version of my ideal one-piece?
- What are the odds that after three glasses of pink wine I can successfully pee while wearing one of these?
- Am I too old to wear a bodysuit? Do I care?
- I wore a sideboob-baring tank top recently and was incredibly self-conscious the entire time. Why would a bodysuit be better?
- I will never wear most of these. They barely count as clothes.
Regardless, I rounded up a bunch of affordable bodysuits (with the exception of the Good American one, thanks, Khloé Kardashian), just in case I decide that this is a trend I should get behind.
- Reformation Amy Bodysuit
- Asos Bodysuit with Pom Pom Ruffle and Low Back
- Out From Under Annie Strappy Back Bodysuit
- Asos Scoopback Bodysuit with Super 80s High Leg
- Missguided Low Back Strappy Bodysuit
- Good American KHLO$ Bodysuit
- Out From Under So Over It Bodysuit
- Asos Tank Bodysuit with Scoop Back
- Madewell Indie Henley Bodysuit in Stripe
- Out From Under Cindy Seamless Bodysuit
- AEO Soft & Sexy Mesh Bar Bodysuit
- AEO Don’t Ask Why Tie Strap Bodysuit
- AEO Henley Bodysuit
- PrettyLittleThing Stripe Plunge Side Bodysuit
- Out From Under Micah Seamless Ribbed Bodysuit
So, what do you think? Can I wear a bodysuit? Do you wear them? Someone teach me how this works.