Summer is officially here! It is a scorching 90+ degrees in Pasadena and Cleveland is battling sweltering humidity; so pick your poison. While we’re all searching for the coolest spot in the room, here’s our Summer Fashion Wishlist and what we’re daydreaming of wearing once we can put clothes back on our bodies.
- White denim. Always a summer staple—though I’d sworn them off in years past—I’m ready to try again. These are Madewell’s High Rise Skinny Jeans. However, before I fully commit to Madewell level jeans I ordered these Target knock off pair to see if I could really pull it off first.
- Round sunglasses. These round, gold, Ray Ban sunglasses have been on my wishlist for a while now. I just need to convince myself I am adult enough to take care of them! (Anyone else always scared of the commitment??)
- Elevated basic tanks. As an FSP (Former Sweaty Person), I try to spend the entire summer without sleeves. That makes dressing for the office slightly challenging. Everlane makes the best basics that are so well done you can pull off an office tank. I love this Silk Tank as well as their Cotton Tees. I’ll be ordering both!
- Denim shorts. Back in our Spring Fashion Wishlist, I was hoping to get a pair of Levi’s Wedgie Fit Shorts. Spoiler alert: Levi’s shorts run VERY SMALL. I got the same size as I have in the Wedgie Fit Jeans and couldn’t even fit them on my body. So, I’m still in search of the perfect pair of high-waisted denim shorts. Any recommendations? I’m looking into these Super High Rise Denim Roll Shorts from Gap.
- Everlane Beach Capsule. Like Robin, I’m obsessed with Everlane’s clothes. Their latest collection looks perfect for summer and I’ll take one of everything, especially the Beach Pullover Hoodie.
- Zip-up jumpsuit. Is this a thing I can have? I’m not sure, but I’m thinking about it. This chambray jumpsuit seems like it could be cute under the right circumstances.
- High Rise Shorts. I ordered these American Eagle Super High Rise Shorties and am loving the rise, but the inseam is SUPER short. So I’m on the hunt for a super high rise pair of shorts with an inseam longer than 2.5″. Any suggestions?
- Distressed White Jeans. Looks like my theme for the Summer Fashion Wishlist is “items I already bought, but am trying to replace with the same thing, but different” I fell in love with the Vintage Chalk wash of Levi’s Wedgie Jeans when I bought my first pair (Coyote Desert wash) but they quickly sold out in my size. Recently I found them on ShopBop here: Levi’s Wedgie Jeans in Vintage Chalk. When I tried them on, they fit differently than my original pair and have a weird twisting seam on the left leg. Should I order another pair of these to see if it was a sewing issue? Or go with the cheap Target pair Robin found? I’m liking the off-white color of Vintage Chalk.
- Breezy Shirts WITH Sleeves. Our office temperature fluctuates so much that most days a tank top isn’t the best choice, but I’m tired of layering on a cardigan every day. So I’m searching for lightweight tops with sleeves, short or long, that I can wear to work. I’m liking this Themis Blouse from Amour Vert. Bonus, has anyone bought anything from Amour Vert? Is it nice? Let me know in the comments.