I have been searching for a small kitchen countertop tray to hold this gorgeous decanter for a few months now. Something modern and pretty that I wouldn’t mind having sit out on the countertop all the time. Since I only have a small space available, it was really hard to find a tray that was large enough to hold the decanter/bottle of wine/etc. yet small enough not to get in the way day-to-day.
Girlboss Rally RecapView Post
Welcome to And Then We Tried! We’re Michelle, Robin, and Hannah, three ladies trying out things from home improvement and DIY to beauty, fashion, and travel. Things may not always (ever?) go as planned but, hey, at least we tried.
We’re taking a break from tracking the kitchen progress to jump up a few floors to my attic bedroom and the lack of progress up there. Some more kitchen progress should be coming your way soon.
I’ve basically ignored my bedroom since ripping out the carpet and painting everything last summer. In the last few weeks, I’ve realized this is pretty common for people tackling a whole home or apartment, see Ginny’s bedroom and this post from Daniel @ Manhattan Nest. I set up my DIY Chevron Headboard and my yard sale dresser and moved around some rugs from other rooms in the house and that was it. Until six months ago when I couldn’t stop buying dressers and chairs from Craigslist and I snatched these two kinda hideous 1970’s dressers for $40 to transform into a DIY mid-century modern dresser.Keep Reading
After we tore out the drop ceiling, I tricked my parents into staying longer and helping me tear out this built in cabinet. The cabinet had an outlet in it and should have been a nice appliance storage place, but it was blocking access to the refrigerator and made the kitchen feel even more functionally obsolete.Keep Reading
Kitchen Progress: Removing a Kitchen Drop CeilingView Post
Congrats, you made it to the final fence post! We left off after Part 3 with all of the panels fully stained. Next, we(mostly my dad, I was moving dirt around) used a circular saw and Sawzall to cut down the posts to be the right height and I added a little extra stain to the top to protect the wood.Keep Reading
Sorry for the delay on part 3, I was processing the election information and needed to crawl into a hole for a while. I’m back now, and after making some donations to the ACLU I’m ready to share more about my fence.
While Katie, Nathan, and my mom were staining panels, my dad and I got to work measuring for the post holes. We used two of the old panels and added three new panels to the mix. The old panels had been trimmed to fit the previous fence and were not quite 8 feet long so we had to set the posts to fit a variety of panel lengths. We strung a line between my neighbor’s back fence and a telephone pole that was exactly on the property line and then removed all of the old panels.Keep Reading
Welcome to The Fence Saga Part 2. Part 1 left off with a freshly laminated building permit, a giant pile of dirt, and a mix of old and new fence panels. A couple of the old panels looked salvageable, so I tried a test patch of stain on them to see if it would sort of match the stained fence along the side of the house.Keep Reading